I am attending the event in exchange for my post.
Macy's Glamorama back! This years theme is "Fashion Rocks" so come and let you inner-punk shine! The one hour fashion show will once again return to the State Theater on Friday, Aug. 1st.
Check out the high energy show that features the latest fashions from the hottest designers, as well as a musical performances by Jason Derulo.
Plus, you'll see familiar models that include Former Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Champ Devin Goda, and former America's Next Top Model cast members. So come out and help support the Children's Cancer Research Fund!
Want to get the Rockstar look for yourself? Here's a few tips thanks to Macy's!
Macy’s Passport Present Glamorama 2014
“The only rule about dressing like a rock star is that there are no rules other than be yourself and have fun,” states Josh Saterman, Macy’s Vice President and Millennial Fashion Director. Here are a few more rock star style and fashion tips provided by Josh to bring out your inner rock star.
· Slip on sneakers for a more casual look and buckled peep-toe heeled booties for a night on the town.
· Belts that give accent to your waist whether you like lower rise or high-waisted skinny jeans.
· A thick, chunky belt with your tunic knit top is always a safe bet if you’ve moved into soft pants and ponte leggings.
· Stacked bracelets with new materials like wood, shiny metals in gold and shades of pinks, as well as wires and other new material give that special and unique spin.
· Two proportions for jackets: both moto and bomber silhouette shapes – The first is slightly cropped above the waistline. The second slightly oversized and athletic-inspired below the waistline. Rock it out with these shapes based on your bottom half. The ponte legging and skinny pant or jean can play well with the shape of your top and jacket.
· Rock stars make awesome patriots through evolved graphic tees, which speak to the cultural whimsy as well as art and music influence happening in the world today. This alone empowers a rock star to express their individualistic expression of the world and the way they feel about its current state. Graphic tees paired back well with a moto or bomber jacket and soft pants or ponte leggings. Throw on some amazing peep toe heel booties or slip on sneaks and you're ready for a night on the town.
· Individuality, customization and being yourself all ring true in 2014.