This year, it was held at the St. Cathereine University campus. At first, I got a little lost, but it turned out to be a beautiful location on a absolutely gorgeous day.
First things first, I rushed to see Tia Goodwin a sister who knew a thang or to about social media. Then I learned about how to pitch yourself to media by Kristen Brown and ended the day with valuable tips on facebook from Rachel Martin of findingjoy.net.
Keynote speaker Dan R. Morris of Blogging Concentrated, gave an inspirational message about his journey to becoming an Ironman and how it relates to our blogs. A few points that stood out to me were:
* Fall in love with your audience.
* Do not compare yourself to others. You are an island, different from any other blogger.
* Be the biggest small dog you can be!
As always, Glimpse of Soul Photography was in the house hookin' folks up with a professional head shots in exchange for a donation to Home for Life Animal Sanctuary.
So here's the main message I got from each of the workshops I attended.
1. Images evoke emotion. Use images everywhere! - Tia Goodwin
2. Be different. Have a hook. Be smart and start small. - Kristen Brown
3. Be a guardian leader by working with brands you trust. Don't just take anything if it doesn't fit.
- Dan R. Morris.
4. Does your facebook page match the message you're trying to get out, and begin studying your fb page insights. - Rachel Martin
This was one of the best MN Blogger Conferences I have went to! Big thanks to the speakers, sponsors, and Mykl Roventine and Jen Jamar for putting on an awesome, free, event!
Have you gone to any blog conferences lately? Please share your experience!