I don't know why. Maybe it was because this year it cost $20? No, that's not it. Perhaps it was because I've been to all of them except for one. After all, I had heard all there was to hear about learning how to blog. Or so I thought. I decide to buy a ticket anyhow, and see what's new in the blogging world.
On a beautiful day in November, I headed to St. Catherine's for a full day of blogging workshops that also included a few YouTube classes as well.
Why I'm Glad I didn't Stay Home from MNBlogCon
1. Networking is invaluable. You never know who is in the building! I made a few connections that I am looking forward to cultivating.
2. Just because you have heard something before doesn't mean you don't need to hear it again. There were a lot of blogging tips that I had already heard, but have yet to implement. These classes served as a reminder for me to get off my rear-end and get to work!
3. For the price, you can't beat the wealth of information you get from MNBlogCon. Yes, in previous years the conference was free. But $20 still isn't bad. In fact, I don't know of any other conference that affordable.
4. I got to see blogging friends and meet new ones. There's something about being in the room with a few hundred folks that are just like you. They eat, sleep, and breathe their blogs and want them to grow just like you do.
5. Oh, and this year I won a $25 Applebee's gift certificate! We just so happened to be planning to go there for my hubby's b-day. Look at God!
Top 5 Blogging & Vlogging Tips I learned from the MN Blog Conference
1. Be confident in your brand. -Jessica Flannigan
2. Be true to yourself, your blog, and your readers. -Jessica Flannigan
3. Create a purpose for your YouTube Channel. -Jenna Redfield
4. Everything you do should have a point for doing it. Use keywords. -Dan R. Morris
5. Don't act small, act big! -Dan R. Morris
6. Blogging isn't about money and fame, but a reflection of who you are -Keane Amdahl.
7. You should only fear not being genuine. - Erica Hanna
Do you attend Blogging Conferences in you local area?