This year, I'm recovering from surgery as you may already know so most of my time will be spent at home or in bed while I'm on the mend.
I usually have a full calendar of events scheduled for my family and I to attend starting with Black Friday all the way until the big day arrives. But since I won't possibly be able to do everything I'd like, I put together a list of fun Christmas time activities that I hope to be able to cross of my Christmas must-do list.
10 Fun Things You Must Do During Christmastime
1. Watch all the Christmas movies. Yep, this one should be no problem for me. No problem at all.
2. Light your fireplace or candles and spend the evening listening to Christmas music. So relaxing.
3. Make Christmas treats with your kids - My son loves making Peppermint Bark every year. Here's a super easy recipe too.
4. Go tubing or sledding and come back home for hot cocoa. One of the best times I remember is sledding with my sisters and our family during Christmastime.
5. Have a cookie swap with friends or coworkers. Yes please!
6. Pack up your kids, and go look at neighborhood lights or visit a park or zoo's Christmas light display. Bring a thermos of hot apple cider too.
7. Send an old fashioned Christmas card. I still enjoy getting these every year.
8. Attend a Christmas play or concert. Many churches have professional shows for free.
9. Have a family game night. Play Holiday Cherades or your favorite card or board game.
10. Don't forget to share the true meaning of Christmas with your family. Every Christmas Eve, my grandma would share the Christmas story and remind us that Jesus is the reason for the season.
What activities are you planning for your family this Christmas?