Today is supposed to be a balmy 52° and this week will bring us more 50° weather. That's really warm for us here in Minnesota. Our usual high temperature is somewhere in the 40s. Plus, you never know when we're going to get dumped with a fresh coat of spring snow.
Anywho, it's time to start thinking about how to transition your look from winter to spring. I've come up with a few tips for getting your winter wardrobe spring ready.
5 Easy Ways to Transition from Winter to Spring
1. First things first. Stop wearing dark winter clothing like black, brown, navy, and burgundy hues. Pull out the lighter colors like pink, yellow, orange, turquoise, in pastel or bold versions. You'll find that your mood will be lifted as well as those around you.
2. Put your heavy wool sweaters and fabrics in the back of your closet and replace with lighter cotton and more flowy blouses like tunics. Layer with a tank top and scarf to keep warm on chilly days.
3. Another tip would be to stop wearing your huge winter coat. Instead, layer your Spring coat with a light cardigan or jean jacket. Use your spring scarves instead of thick, wool ones.
4. Choose lighter makeup shades. Go for soft pink, peach, and lilac makeup instead of the dark plum lipstick that was so popular last Fall/Winter. Also, do the same for your nails. No more vampy nails and heaven forbid black nails.
5. Lastly, update your bath and body products with fresh, fruity or floral scents. Put the vanilla, musk, and amber away for next fall.
What is the weather like in your neck of the woods? How do you like to get your wardrobe ready for spring?