Lately, I've been running around trying to plan the perfect graduation party and it got me thinking. What do college kids really want, or should I say need for graduation? I bet I can give you a few ideas. Take a look at this practical list of college graduation gifts that your student will actually need.
Contains affiliate links that help support this site. Thanks!
15 College Graduation Gifts Graduates Really Need
1. A gift card to Office Max, Staples or Kinkos - Now that your kid has graduated they are going to need to print off several copies of resumes and other important documents. This will come in handy.
2. Ties for the guys or pearl earrings for the girls - They're going to be going on interviews and a nice tie or simple set of pearls will be the perfect touch to any interview outfit.
3. A business card holder - Yes even college students need business cards for networking or looking for a job. Help them keep organized and professional.
4. A roll of quarters - I can't tell you how many times my son has been without cash and really needed it. Most college kids carry a debit card or credit card only. Give them a roll of quarters to keep in their car for parking meters, laundry, or anything else they need change for.
5. Multiple $5 gift cards to Starbucks, Subway, etc. - It's about to get real for your college graduate and money might be funny. Gift cards to Starbucks and other fast food restaurants are practical ways to make sure your kid doesn't go hungry.
6. A bus pass or gas/parking gift card - A gas or bus card is a perfect graduation gift and will definitely get used.
7. Now that your student has graduated they may be looking for their first apartment. First apartment gifts will help them settle into their new place nicely.
8. A Keurig or another automatic coffee maker - Welcome you're a college graduate to the real world with a coffee maker. It will help fuel many mornings and long work days to come.
9. A tool set - Every college student should have their very own set of tools. That way you can get all of your tools back.
10. Grocery gift card - Again, because they need to eat.
11. A food delivery service gift card - Get your college student a Bite Squad or Amazon Fresh gift card for nights when they just don't have the time to cook or forgot to go grocery shopping.
12. A care package - Just like the ones you used to send to their dorms. You can add their favorite treats or small gifts that you know they would love.
13. A hamper full of household necessities like toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, laundry detergent etc.. College students always seem to run out of these items. This way they'll have a stash on deck.
14. "Oh the Places You'll Go" book by Dr. Suess - Signed by friends and family members of course.
15. Last but not least, money, money, and mo money! For them to use at their discretion. ;)
What gifts are you planning to give the college graduate in your life?